Southern Deviled Eggs
Smooth, Creamy and Tangy. Nothing says Sunday Dinner like a plate of mama's perfect deviled eggs! Now, you have the recipe and all the tips and tricks!
Servings: 12 servings
- 12 large hard-boiled and peeled eggs cut in half and yolks removed, whites reserved.
- 1 ½ teaspoon good quality whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped Wickles Wicked Pickles
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise Hellmans, Dukes or Blue Plate only
- Salt and pepper to taste
- for garnishing paprika pimentos, pickle relish and black cracked pepper (Choose any or mix and match)
In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, chopped small pickles, mayo and the hard boiled yolks.
Lay the egg whites aside on a separate plate.
Using a fork, mash the egg yolk mixture until smooth.
Using a teaspoon, spoon the yolk mix into the egg halves and lay into the specialized egg dish or onto a plate.
Garnish with your choice of paprika, pimentos, pickle relish or black cracked pepper.
PRO TIP: To have completely smooth egg filling, use a whisk after you have first mixed the ingredients together. The whisk will break up any lumps and make the center creamy and smooth!
PRO TIP 2: For a very neat looking deviled egg, use a cupcake tip to pipe in the filling. So fancy and your hands stay clean!
- Never freeze deviled eggs.
- Only make up the number you will eat in a day or two. They become weepy and saggy after about 2-3 days.
- For a hotter deviled egg add a dash more cayenne to the mix.
- Follow the instructions in the post for how to boil an easy peel hard boiled egg. It works every single time, but if the egg has minute cracks in the shell, it may crack more in the hot water so make plans to boil a few extra.
- Use any type of mayonnaise you prefer.
- There are a list of possible garnishes in the post, check those out.
- If you don't like pickles in your deviled egg, leave them out.
- If you leave the pickles out, make sure to add some sugar and vinegar to the mix.
- You can substitute dijon for the whole grain mustard but it won't be as robust.
Calories: 127kcal | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 167mg | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 60mg | Vitamin A: 250IU | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.8mg