How to Cook Bacon in the Oven on a Rack
A simple way to cook LOTs of bacon without the mess.
Servings: 8 servings
Preheat the oven to 400.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Set a baking rack inside the rimmed baking sheet
Lay 8-10 strips of sliced bacon on the rack across the short side
Bake in 400 degree oven for 10-20 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven, remove the bacon to a paper towel using kitchen tongs. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- use as many pieces of bacon as you can fit onto the rack
- Any thickness of bacon works, thinner bacon cooks faster
- The bacon doesn’t necessarily look as done as it is, it doesn’t seem to shrink as much in the oven.
- Be CAREFUL removing the pan from the oven, there might be a lot of grease in the bottom of the pan.
- Some brown sugar sprinkled on top of the bacon while it cooks is OUT OF this world!