Crispy, Crunchy, Smoky PERFECT BACON Every. Single. Time. is what we are after when we learn how to cook bacon in the oven on a rack! That’s no problem after today’s post!
WHY THIS RECIPE FOR HOW TO COOK BACON IN THE OVEN ON A RACK WORKS?
- It’s EASY
- There’s NO MESS to clean up afterwards. Plus you get THIS (Bacon Grease!)
- Cooks up flat and doesn’t curl up.
- No need to turn the bacon at all!
- You won’t be injured with grease splatters
- No grease stains on your clothes
- Extra space on your cooktop for cooking other things!
- It doesn’t ruin the cooktop with grease splatters
- You can cook 8-10 slices of bacon at a time
- The bacon is PERFECT. Every. Single. Time. Period!
- And FINALLY…BACON is the best reason knowing how to cook bacon in the oven on a rack.
THE DOWN SIDE?
- If you are only cooking 4 pieces of bacon or less, then using the oven will likely take longer.
WHAT IS BACON COOKED IN THE OVEN ON A RACK?
- Bacon cooked in the oven is PURE HAPPINESS!
- Bacon cooked on a rack in the oven is crispy, flavorful and perfect every time with none of the fat undone ends and mess that bacon usually makes on your stove top.
WHAT RECIPES USE BACON COOKED IN THE OVEN ON A RACK
Use bacon cooked in the oven on a rack in any recipe that calls for cooked bacon such as these:
- How to cook canned Green Beans on the Stove
- How to cook canned pinto Beans
- The secret to perfect old fashioned pinto beans
- Many more. ANY recipe that calls for bacon.
For a DELICIOUS twist on this oven cooked bacon on a rack, try sprinkling the bacon with some brown sugar and cayenne pepper!
CAN COOKING BACON IN THE OVEN START A FIRE?
The simple act of cooking bacon in the oven will not start a fire, however, if you notice some fire in the bottom of your oven while cooking, you should clean your oven as soon as possible.
CAN YOU COOK BACON IN THE OVEN ON A RACK WITHOUT FOIL OR WITHOUT PARCHMENT PAPER?
- Absolutely, you can cook the bacon on a rack set inside of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drain the sheet pan into something that can hold hot oil as soon as possible
- Rinse the sheet pan with warm water immediately after using
- If there are splatters that appear to be stuck on the sheet pan, allow to soak with dish detergent and then use a mild abrasive to remove after soaking
CAN I FREEZE BACON COOKED IN THE OVEN?
- Yes, you can freeze bacon that has been cooked in the oven
- You can even freeze raw bacon.
- Just don’t freeze bacon, thaw it and then refreeze it without cooking it first.
HOW LONG IS BACON COOKED IN THE OVEN GOOD FOR?
- Bacon cooked in the oven is good for 2 hours if left out on the counter
- If you put the bacon in the refrigerator, it will be good for 3-5 days.
THE EQUIPMENT I USE TO COOK BACON IN THE OVEN ON A RACK
The following photos are affiliate links and I am an Amazon affiliate. Clicking the photos, will take you to Amazon so that you can purchase or compare prices. If you decide to make a purchase, I thank you and Loaves and Dishes is credited with a commission which supports this website.
PHOTO STEPS FOR HOW TO COOK BACON IN THE OVEN ON A RACK
- First put aluminum foil in the bottom of your pan and lay a rack on top of the pan
- Secondly, lay the bacon you wish to cook out across the short side of the pan. It is fine to put as much as will fill the pan.
Place the pan into the oven and remove when the bacon looks like this:
If you enjoy this Bacon Recipe, you might also enjoy….
YA’LL HELP ME OUT NOW, YA HEAR?
Please leave me a 5 star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 comment below in the comment section, all right? I would LOVE to know if you made this recipe or even if you are planning to! Of course, head on over to Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram and tag me with some photos of your creation!
I can’t wait!
Ya’ll know I love your comments!! ❤
THE RECIPE FOR HOW TO COOK BACON IN THE OVEN ON A RACK
How to Cook Bacon in the Oven on a Rack
- 1 LB bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Set a baking rack inside the rimmed baking sheet
- Lay 8-10 strips of sliced bacon on the rack across the short side
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 10-20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, remove the bacon to a paper towel using kitchen tongs. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- use as many pieces of bacon as you can fit onto the rack
- Any thickness of bacon works, thinner bacon cooks faster
- The bacon doesn’t necessarily look as done as it is, it doesn’t seem to shrink as much in the oven.
- Be CAREFUL removing the pan from the oven, there might be a lot of grease in the bottom of the pan.
- Some brown sugar sprinkled on top of the bacon while it cooks is OUT OF this world!
A VERSE TO SHARE
Just looking over the news in the last few days, I think it is interesting to review what Jesus himself has to say about hypocrisy, don’t you?
I won’t point any fingers here, but I simply ask that you look around in your own boat and see where the water splashes.
Check out the rough hewn 6×6 that is lodged in your eye before you make any comment or even have a thought about the saw dust in someone else’s eye.
I encourage you to read the entire passage in your own Bible.
Matthew 23: 1-4
Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat.
So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.
They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.