How to Saute Green Beans
This simple side dish offers you a quick and easy 4 ingredient way to serve green beans without worrying about sauces and expensive ingredients
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tbs of vegetable oil
- ½ lb of fresh green beans
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat on the stovetop.
When the oil is shimmering in the pan and is hot add the green beans to the skillet.
Use kitchen tongs and move the green beans around frequently.
Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Add more if needed. Cook for 5-10 minutes until soft per your own tastes
- Make sure to remove the ends from the green beans and wash them well before using.
- Add other ingredients as per your tastes to spice things up a bit: garlic, onion, almond slivers, cayenne pepper, parmesan cheese, ketchup, carrots, etc.
- If the beans are still more crunchy than you would like at the end of 10 mins or if it seems that they are getting crispy but not cooked through, then add ¼ cup of water to the hot pan and place a lid on the top. The beans will steam and soften.
- Consider some sauces with your green beans as well. Soy Sauce is a favorite as is Yum Yum Sauce.