HOW TO MAKE BEANIE WEENIES
This recipe shows the reader how to make beanie weenies like a pro using ingredients they probably have in their own kitchen!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 8 all beef hot dogs any brand - standard length or bun length
- 30 oz pork and beans If not using pork and beans, refer to notes at the bottom of recipe. 30 oz = 2, 15 oz cans.
- 1/3 Cup Molasses
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cayene pepper
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbs yellow mustard
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pour the oil into a frying pan and allow it to become hot over medium heat.
Cut the hot dogs into disks and add to the oil. Heat over medium heat until you note some crispy edges and caramelization of the exterior of the hot dog.
If you have a large enough skillet, continue by adding the ingredients to the skillet. If you prefer to now pour these into a sauce pan, then do so. Prefer to slow cook or to use the oven? Follow those instructions that are listed in the post.
Do NOT Drain the cans of pork and beans (there are added flavorings in the pork and beans).
Mix all of the ingredients in a medium sized saucepan and place on the stove
Set on medium heat and cook till bubbly throughout, even when stirred.
- It is fine to substitute the following for the Molasses: Brown sugar, equal amount: Grape Jelly equal amount, White sugar 2 Tbs. Maple syrup, equal amount.
- Perhaps you have whole onion and garlic. It is fine to substitute those, just cook them till soft in a tablespoon of butter before adding any of the other ingredients.
- Do not add salt and pepper until cooked, then taste and add if needed.
- If you are using another kind of bean besides the pork and beans, you will need to drain your beans well, double all ingredients BESIDES the beans and add a 8 oz can of tomato sauce to your beans.
Calories: 456kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 1357mg | Potassium: 828mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 51IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 4mg