Southern Baked Spaghetti
This easy baked spaghetti has all the perfect flavors. Perfect for a potluck, guests or even date night at home. You don't have to tell anyone that you were simply using up leftovers!
Servings: 6 servings
- 24 ounces Spaghetti Sauce -pre cooked
- 1 16 oz box spaghetti noodles - precooked
- 1 8 oz bag shredded Mozzarella
- 8 slices thin sliced Provolone cheese
Preheat the oven to 350
Spray the oven safe baking dish with non stick spray
Layer ½ of the precooked spaghetti noodles into the bottom of an oven safe baking dish (for the amounts of noodles and sauce stated in the recipe, an 9x13 pan will work fine.)
Spoon ½ the sauce over the noodles and then layer ½ the cheese over the sauce.
Repeat the layers.
Top with shredded cheese and slices of provolone.
Bake for 35-45 minutes until heated through and bubbly and browned on top.
- You can make this baked spaghetti with any amounts of spaghetti that you have as long as the sauce is enough and the size of your baking container is correct.
- If you prefer to make this dish with jarred sauce, that is fine too. It should require one bottle per half box of spaghetti noodles.
- You can use other noodles besides spaghetti noodles for a different look.
- In the video I make this dish using cold sauce and cold noodles, if you have hot sauce and hot noodles, put the noodles directly into the sauce and then layer half of that mixture in the bottom of the baking dish, lay the cheese on top of that and then layer the spaghetti mixture and top with the cheese. YUM!
- Make this dish vegetarian by using a vegetarian sauce.
- You can make this dish vegan by using vegan sauce and vegan cheese.