How to Cook Frozen Shrimp
Light, Buttery, Perfect and BANGING FLAVOR is what you'll find with this recipe for how to cook frozen shrimp. You'll never know that you aren't on the coast! Easy and Ready in less than 15 minutes!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb of frozen peeled and deveined shrimp
- 4 Tbs cooking oil - divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ lemon
Thaw the shrimp by either placing in the refrigerator on the day before you plan to use OR by placing into a colander and running under cold tap water for 5-10 minutes.
Dry the shrimp with a paper or cloth towel.
Mix TWO tbs of oil with garlic powder, onion powder, hot sauce, salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl and stir the shrimp into the bowl. Place the bowl into the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Heat a large skillet over high heat, add the remaining 2 Tbs of oil. When oil surface is shimmery and the oil is hot (about 2-3 minutes) , add the entire contents of the shrimp bowl and reduce the heat to medium high.
Stir the shrimp and turn until the shrimp turn pink and begin to curl (about 5 minutes). Turn off the heat and squeeze the lemon over the top of the shrimp. Serve with any extra lemon.
PRO TIP: You'll know the shrimp are done when they turn a beautiful pink/red color and begin to curl slightly!
- It is important to thaw the shrimp first before cooking. If you start with frozen shrimp, the shrimp will cook unevenly.
- Add more hot sauce or less hot sauce depending on your tastes. The amount listed will not add much heat, it is for flavor.
- Be careful not to overcook the shrimp as they do cook quickly. As soon as they turn pink, they are done.
- Make a fun change and use lime instead of lemon!
- If you are cooking the large size shrimp, the cook time will be longer. If you are cooking small shrimp, the cook time will be less.
- Once you have thawed your shrimp, they need to be cooked immediately.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 1203mg | Potassium: 109mg | Vitamin C: 12.7mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 2.5mg