What to do with the leftover pizza? We could do cold pizza for breakfast, warmed over pizza for supper, more cold pizza for the next meal. Anyway, what we really need to know is how to freeze leftover pizza!
How to Store Leftover Pizza
Food has become so expensive that the leftover pizza that we might have considered throwing out at one time we now have to keep and eat again for another meal.
But what’s the best way to do this before you become totally sick of looking at pizza or even a calzone?
It’s no problem when you know how to freeze leftover pizza so that you can have it again sometime next week or the week after without wasting any and enjoying it like an an all new dish!
How Long Does Leftover Pizza Last in the Fridge
Depending on your appetite, you may eat all of that pizza before it goes bad!
Typically, a pizza will keep, when covered well and stored in the refrigerator, up to 5 days.
If you can down the whole thing in that amount of time, then by all means, just wrap it in plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge.
What you don’t want to do is to put the open box in the fridge and expect it to last more than a day or so. It will get way too dried out if you do that.
Can You Freeze Pizza Hut Pizza?
Yep! You sure can! You can freeze ANY type of pizza! Just follow the instructions below!
How Long Does Frozen Pizza Keep?
Frozen pizza, if wrapped correctly will keep for 3-6 months in the freezer. We find that we like to get it back out after a week or so for a quick meal before we forget that it is in the freezer!
How to Reheat Pizza That’s Been Frozen
From Frozen: Remove any plastic wrap. Preheat a standard oven or toaster oven to 350. Place on baking sheet or pizza stone. Bake for 10-20 minutes depending on thickness.
From Refrigerated: Remove any plastic wrap. Preheat a standard oven or toaster oven to 350. Place on baking sheet or pizza stone. Bake for 5-8 minutes.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Leftover Pizza
- Plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Freezer safe bag, container or wrap.
Here’s How You Do It
- Allow the leftover pizza to cool completely.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Place individually wrapped pieces into a freezer safe container.
- Write on the container the date and “pizza”.
- Freeze for 3-6 months.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to allow the pizza to cool completely before attempting to freeze. If you wrap a piece of pizza before it is completely cooled, the cheese will stick to the wrapper.
- If the pizza is still warm, you can set it in the freezer as a whole pie (if you have the space) and allow it to cool or spread the individual pieces out on the pan so that they can cool more quickly.
- Always cover any pizza you want to keep with plastic wrap and put it where it can cool appropriately within 2 hours. This keeps bacteria down and helps it to remain fresh for later.
- Some toppings warm back up better than others. Typically meat toppings reheat the best.
- Consider how many slices you will need at a time when you are reheating. If you will only require 1 or 2 slices at a time, you’ll want to save them individually.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Freeze any type of pizza you have (as long as it doesn’t have mayonnaise on it).
All typical pizza toppings freeze well but meats tend to hold up the best.
Pizza will hold up well in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Watch How to Freeze Leftover Pizza
If You Enjoyed This Pizza, You Might Also Enjoy…
Can You Help Me Out?
Please leave a 5 STAR comment in the comment section below. This helps others to find the recipes at Loaves and Dishes!
How to Freeze Leftover Pizza
- 1 slice pizza
- Allow the pizza to cool completely.
- Wrap the pizza in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Place the individually wrapped slices into a freezer safe container or bag.
- Freeze for up to 6 months.
- It’s important to allow the pizza to cool completely so that the toppings do not stick to your wrap.
- If you wrap in plastic, make sure to remove it before reheating.
- Place the individually wrapped pieces inside of a freezer safe container like a zip lock freezer bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible.
The verse about the lamp stand, it has an interesting meaning.
For all that is secret will eventually be brought into the open, and everything that is concealed will be brought to light and made known to all.