Welcome to Loaves and Dishes, I am so very glad that you are here.
Wow! Spaghetti Sauce! Pretty exciting, eh? Yep, I know. But the reality is that I need for you to know this sauce because it appears in other recipes too! Besides, if you are like me – you have probably spent many years buying pre-canned sauce thinking that making “from scratch” sauce is just too much work.
Honey, you have fooled yourself for too long. This sauce is easy and oh so delicious. It is ready in less than 30 minutes, can be made vegetarian/vegan friendly as well! The longer you allow it to simmer the richer it becomes though! You can even crock pot this bad boy – and come home to a delicious sauce ready to go on your noodles!
Mix up a batch today!!
Thank you so much for visiting
This recipe was inspired by the sauce that I have watched my mother make for years. When I asked her for the recipe, she said, “oh, there isn’t one”. So, I did this one on my own from what I know is in hers.
Coming up after Best Ever Spaghetti Sauce
During the next week, I hope you will see Beer Braised Brisket, pickled egg bruschetta, Rustic blueberry cake or Potatoes Gratin. However, since none of the posts are done – we will just have to see what happens next! J For sure, you will see a post from Sarah Uselton in the next week.
Don’t forget to subscribe to Loaves and Dishes so that I can send you an email notice when the next recipe posts. I PROMISE to never give (or sell) your email address to anyone else – and I PROMISE not to bug you to death!
Serving suggestions for Best Ever Spaghetti Sauce
Serve this sauce over noodles of your choosing with a fresh green salad and crusty bread. YUM!
Now I ask you, Make Dinner, Not War.
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools. ~ Ecclesiastes 7:9
Best Ever Spaghetti Sauce
- ½ lb hamburger
- ½ lb hot sausage leave these out for vegetarian version
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 8 oz carton of fresh mushrooms buttons, shitake or baby bellas - sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 large cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 small cans tomato paste
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box of Morning star farms sausage patties for vegetarian/vegan option– see directions below
- Brown hamburger, sausage (leave out for vegan/vegetarian option - instead start with the onion and garlic) onion and garlic and mushrooms in 1 tbs olive oil over medium heat on the stove top in the bottom of a large sauce pot.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and bring to boil and reduce to simmer. Simmer until heated through – or continue to simmer and add water as needed. (For vegetarian version – shred the morning star farms sausage patties and add to the sauce). The longer this simmers the richer the flavor will be.