Welcome to Loaves and Dishes Hungry Meatless Monday Eaters!!! It’s been yet another WHOLE week since we’ve seen each other! Welcome BACK! Oh MY GOSH – you guys!!! These creamy mushrooms are to DIE for!! The first bite and you are going to just melt into your seat! I snuck my first bite standing at the stove – melting is not something you should do standing in front of your stove! It ALMOST happened! .
I am serving these mushrooms as an appetizer for…. Come on now… if you have been reading this blog long at all, you can probably guess…. Yep… my bookclub. So, they will be spooned out and eaten on a plate with whatever someone else brings to book club.
If I were serving these at home, which I guarantee that I will be – because my sweet husband came in the kitchen and ate one and said, “yep, I’ll just eat that for supper”. I hate to let him know that I am going to carry the whole thing right out the door in a few minutes.
Recipe for Creamy Mushrooms adapted from
“Marvelous Mushrooms” in the recipe book: Peace Meals. One of my very FAVORITE recipe books, EVER!
Don’t forget to subscribe to Loaves and Dishes so that I can send you an email notice when the next recipe posts. I PROMISE to never give (or sell) your email address to anyone else – and I PROMISE not to bug you to death!
Serving suggestions for Creamy Mushrooms:
Now I ask you, Make Dinner, Not War.
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. ~ James 5:16
Thank you so much for visiting, please come again!
- 2.5 tbs unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbs minced yellow onion
- 2 tsp good quality Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp course salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbs all purpose flour
- 1 8 oz carton of button mushrooms with stems removed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375. Mix together the first 7 ingredients. Place the mushrooms in a ½ quart baking dish and spread the butter on top of the mushrooms. No need to be particular, the butter mix will melt. Pour the cream over the top of the mushrooms and then sprinkle the white pepper on top of the mushrooms (use black pepper ½ tsp if you don’t have white pepper). Place baking dish on top of a rimmed cookie sheet. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes stirring once or twice while baking. Serve warm.