Bright, orange, sweet, tender and flavorful! Amazing results with how to cook frozen carrots on the stove top. Serve these to friends and they are gonna believe you are a magician, you aren’t going to tell them, right?
READY IN JUST 10 MINUTES! I’ll show you all the best ways to make frozen carrots on the stovetop, microwave, oven, crockpot, pressure cooker or instapot.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Ready in 10 Minutes!
- Unbelievable taste
- Fresh from the garden taste with right out of the freezer ease.
THIS IS HOW IT’S DONE
Bring the chicken stock to a boil.
Add the frozen carrots and bring back up to a rolling boil.
Add the salt, pepper, seasonings.
Butter, maple syrup and honey make for a perfect balance!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS A FROZEN CARROT?
Frozen carrots are fresh carrots that have been flash frozen and preserve much of the natural vitamins and minerals.
ARE FROZEN CARROTS GOOD FOR ME?
Certainly! Frozen carrots are full of Vitamins A, K and B. You can check it out yourself right here.
HOW CAN I MAKE FROZEN CARROTS TASTE BETTER?
There are lots of things you can add to your frozen carrots to make them taste better…
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Cayenne Pepper
- Add other vegetables like
HOW CAN I USE FROZEN CARROTS FOR BABY FOOD?
Simply thaw the carrots, do not add any extra ingredients other than ½ cup of water per 2 Cups frozen carrots.
Grind the carrots to a baby food consistency. (Use blender, food processor, hand grinder)
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH FROZEN CARROTS?
These White Trash Chicken Sliders are darn tooting.
We enjoy Canned Kidney Beans with Carrots as well.
Candied Bacon Wrapped Smokies are the Bomb!
HOW TO THAW FROZEN CARROTS
- Place the carrots you want to cook in a colander and run cool water from the faucet over the top for 5-10 minutes.
- Set the carrots you want to cook in the refrigerator the day before you plan to cook them.
OTHER WAYS TO COOK FROZEN CARROTS…
MICROWAVE ~ HOW TO COOK FROZEN CARROTS IN THE MICROWAVE
- Place all of the items from the stovetop recipe into a large microwave safe bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap or lid. Heat for 2 minutes, stir, then repeat in 30 sec intervals until heated through.
- Drain and serve.
OVEN ~ HOW TO COOK FROZEN CARROTS IN THE OVEN
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place thawed and dried carrots onto a baking sheet.
- Coat well with 2 Tbs of vegetable oil.
- Mix together the honey, maple syrup, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and vinegar and pour over the carrots.
- Mix well with your hands so that all of the carrots are coated.
- Spread the carrots out across the baking sheet so that the heat can circulate between them.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn after 10 minutes. Serve hot.
CROCKPOT~ HOW TO COOK FROZEN CARROTS IN THE CROCKPOT
- Place all of the ingredients noted for stove top preparation into the crockpot.
- Set crockpot on low and cook for 4-5 hours.
INSTAPOT ~ HOW TO COOK FROZEN CARROTS IN THE PRESSURE COOKER OR INSTAPOT
Add all of the ingredients noted in the recipe for stovetop preparation. Heat to high pressure for 10 minutes. Allow to naturally release. Serve hot.
STOVE TOP ~ HOW TO COOK FROZEN CARROTS ON THE STOVE TOP?
To cook frozen carrots on the stove top, follow the directions in the recipe card below!
DO YOU LIKE HONEY GLAZED CARROTS?
Follow the recipe at the bottom for Maple Honey Glazed Carrots, you’ll LOVE them!
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS RECIPE, YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY…
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR HOW TO COOK FROZEN CARROTS ON THE STOVE TOP
- Your carrots will cook more evenly if you thaw them first. See notes above.
- Some folks believe that they will ONLY like carrots with brown sugar and butter, but trust me, the whole rounded tastes of the other spices really add a kick.
- The point of cooking the carrots in the chicken stock is to steam them, that is why we aren’t using too much liquid, we just want to steam them.
- If you like soft carrots, cook them a little longer, if you prefer more firm carrots, cook them a little less.
- See the notes after the recipe for substitution options.
YA’LL BE SWEET NOW, OK?
Be sweet and leave me a 5 STAR COMMENT 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 below, please. It helps others to find the recipes here at Loaves and Dishes.
Don’t forget to join me on social media and sign up for my newsletter so I can send you the HOT COOKING TIP of the WEEK!
HOW TO COOK FROZEN CARROTS
- 1 16 oz package of frozen carrots
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs Maple Syrup
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Green onion or chives for garnish optional
- In a medium saucepan on the stove top, over medium high heat, bring the chicken stock to a rolling boil.
- Add the thawed carrots to the chicken stock and bring back to a boil.
- Cut the heat to medium and heat for 5 minutes or until the carrots are completely heated through. Add more chicken stock by the ½ cup full if the stock in the pot evaporates.
- Once the carrots are heated through, pour off the chicken stock.
- Add the butter, onion powder, honey, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well and continue to heat over medium heat until the butter melts and the carrots are well coated.
- Serve hot and garnish with green onion or chives (optional)
- If you don’t have chicken stock, feel free to use the same amount of water and a bouillon cube instead or chicken stock concentrate. Simply dissolve the bouillon in the water first.
- Vegetarian? It’s fine to substitute vegetable broth instead.
- If you have fresh onion or garlic, feel free to substitute, simply mince and add to the chicken stock initially.
- You can substitute the honey with brown sugar. That ‘s yummy too.
- If you are concerned about the cayenne pepper, just go with a pinch instead.
- You won't’ taste the vinegar, it just adds a pop.
- If your carrots don’t taste vibrant enough at the end, add more salt and pepper.
- I use less for the recipe because I don’t want anyone to over salt since it can’t be removed.
A VERSE TO SHARE
As I thought of my own belonging this week, I came upon this and thought it worth sharing here.
Ephesians 1: 5-6
In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.