Rustic Blueberry Cake Clafoutis
Welcome to Loaves and Dishes, I am so very glad that you are here. Sweet delicious mouthfuls of blueberry goodness! That is what happens when you bite into the Rustic Blueberry Cake Clafoutis. So fun and easy to make. I do have a secret – don’t tell anyone – I licked the batter spoon. So Good!! However, I’m not recommending that since it has raw eggs in there – just saying. I am willing to risk my own life to lick the batter spoon, but not yours.
We do raise our own chickens and so I DO know exactly where those eggs came from – well, let’s not think about that right now. If you know where eggs come from, you will know why I said that.
Anyway, this is a delightful cake – light and yummy. My church folks will be getting a taste of this on Sunday since it is my turn to make delicious things to share after church. As I told you once before, I have a freezer full of blueberries from last summer and they need to make their way into a lot of dishes!
Rustic Blueberry Clafoutis Recipe inspiration
This recipe is adapted from the Blueberry Clafoutis found in “The Bistro Cookbook, Everyday cuisine from the French country Kitchen” by Richard Bertinet .
Coming up next time on Loaves and Dishes
I hope to bring you either Mexican Breakfast Bake or Cookie Bars – we will see if I can take a good picture or not!
Don’t forget to subscribe to Loaves and Dishes so that I can send you an email notice when the next recipe posts. I PROMISE to never give (or sell) your email address to anyone else – and I PROMISE not to bug you to death!
Serving suggestions for Rustic Blueberry Cake Clafoutis
I recommend serving the Rustic Blueberry Cake Clafoutis with a cold glass of milk, a excellent cup of coffee or a very good vanilla ice cream – your choice – of course, you could choose all three and that would be THE BEST! Excellent as a breakfast dish or a dessert.
Now I ask you, Make Dinner, Not War.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. ~ Matthew 11:28
Rustic Blueberry Cake Clafoutis
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter room temp – plus extra for greasing the pan.
- 2/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs – room temp
- ½ Cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups blueberries
- 5 drops almond extract
- About an hour before you plan to start making the Rustic Blueberry Cake Clafoutis, set out the eggs and butter to come to room temp.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 1 quart oven proof baking dish
- On medium speed, mix the butter and the sugar together until pale and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well. Sift in the flour, then gradually pour in the cream and whole milk while beating, followed by the cinnamon and the almond extract. Continue to stir until smooth.
- Arrange the blueberries (frozen is fine – fresh if you have them) in the bottom of the prepared oven proof dish, pour the batter over the berries. Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes (this is plus or minus – begin to check at about 30 minutes – the cake is done with it is no longer wiggly in the center when you gently shake the dish). Will be puffed and golden when done.
- Remove from the oven and dust lightly with confectioners sugar.