This cheesy, smoky, tangy cheddar bacon loaded ranch dip will have everyone DIGGING IN so fast and furious, you’ll wonder, “What exactly did I put in that dip?”. No worries, we got you covered right here! Better make a double recipe!
Why This Recipe Works
- You probably already have everything you need to make this RIGHT NOW!
Here’s How It’s Done
STEP 1. Chop and grate your ingredients.
STEP 2. Mix it all together until well blended. Then refrigerate for at least 2 hours but overnight is best!
STEP 3. Serve it up and let’em CHOW DOWN!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s).
Do I Have To Use the Name Brand Dip Mix?
No, you don’t have to, however, I’ve found that it is the best. A very close second is the Aldi brand and it is somewhat less expensive.
Your best bet is to buy the 3 or 5 pack and keep some in your pantry at all times! You’ll find that it works as a secret ingredient in many recipes!
Can I Use a Different Kind of Cheese?
Sure! This dip would be terrific with any of the following grated cheeses (Use in the same amount) (I would avoid any of the hard cheeses or a swiss).
- Mild, Medium or Sharp Cheddar
- Gouda (not smoked).
- Pepper Jack
Can I Substitute Something for the Seasoning Packet?
You can use a mixture of garlic and onion powder with dried dill and salt, however, this tastes best if you use the seasonings mentioned here.
Why Is This Called Loaded Ranch Dip?
Because, silly, it’s loaded with FLAVOR AND INGREDIENTS! I mean, come on, can you beat cheese, bacon, sour cream, onion and ranch flavor together?
I didn’t think so!
What Can I Serve With This?
Can I Freeze This Dish?
No, this doesn’t freeze well. What you CAN do is freeze the various ingredients and then thaw to room temp and mix it all together.
How Long Does It Last?
You can safely keep this dip in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Do not leave it out for longer than 2 hours.
Can I Serve This Dish Warm?
We find that it is better as a cold element served alongside, chips, veggies, chili or chicken dishes.
Can I Use Homemade Mayonnaise in This Dish?
Sure, that’s fine! Just make sure to store the dip properly and do not leave it out for longer than 2 hours! Here’s an article about homemade mayonnaise from the USDA!
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Cheddar Bacon Loaded Ranch Dip
- Use the best quality mayo you can afford – it makes a big impact.
- It’s important to use the right tomatoes because they add a lot of flavor.
- Chop the green onions up small so that they don’t become overpowering.
- Bacon really needs to be CRUNCHY. It’s easy and less messy to cook it in the oven. It also makes for uniform crunchiness.
- When choosing a cheese, you’ll want to pick a flavorful cheddar. “Helluva” makes a great cheese as does Cabots and Tillamook.
- You will want to whisk the ranch powder together with the sour cream base and then gently stir in the onion, bacon and cheese. This keeps those elements from breaking and disappearing into the dip.
Try One Of These Great Dips Also At Loaves and Dishes…
Hey, Be Sweet, OK?
Could you please leave me a 5 star comment in the comment section below! It helps others to find Loaves and Dishes on the internet!
Cheddar Bacon Loaded Ranch Dip
- 2 packets of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip or dressing mix.
- 3/4 Cup Mayo
- 4 oz Cream Cheese room temp
- 1/4 Cup Milk whole or 2%.
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Roma Tomatoes remove the insides and dice the rest
- 6 Stalks Green onion white and green parts chopped
- 6 slices bacon cooked crisp OR use 1 package of precooked bacon.
- 1 Cup SHARP cheddar shredded cheese.
- 1 Tbs Hot Sauce
- In a large bowl, mix the ranch dip, mayo, cream cheese and milk together with a whisk until completely mixed.
- Gently mix the remainder of the ingredients until it appears that all parts of the dip are mixed well. Just be careful not to break up the cheddar and the tomatoes.
- Cover and Refrigerate for 24 - 48 hours for best taste.
- You can adjust the mayo and milk depending on how thick you want your dip. If you get the dip out to use it and find that it is thicker than you please, add milk by tablespoon amounts and stir . Repeat until it is as thick as you please.
- This dip works BEST with a flavored ruffled chip - personally, I LOVE it with a cheddar sour cream chip, but it works well with other flavored chips as well. I mean, I won't say no to a dipping corn chip either, but I'm just sharing what tastes best!
- This dip makes a great topping for chili, just saying. Baked Potatoes too.
- Works as a veggie dip as well.
- To remove the insides of the tomatoes, cut the tomato in half from root to stem end. Use a spoon to scrape out the insides and discard those. Cut the shells into strips and then cut into small cubes.
- You can use Greek Yogurt or sour cream instead of Mayo if needed.
- Neufchatel cheese or low fat cream cheese is ok to use instead of cream cheese.
- You can use the Hidden Valley Ranch DIP instead of the Dressing Mix, either works fine.
A VERSE TO SHARE
When things seem completely under water, I try to remember that this is NOT the stuff I’m made of. We are made of imperishable seed.
1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.