Tasty and mildly spicy corn dip that goes FAST at parties and can be thrown together in less than 10 MINUTES! This cold corn dip is ready for a fiesta ANY TIME!
Make sure to serve this scrumptious cold corn dip with fritos or some other hearty scoopy chip! Serve for your next movie night and watch your friends and family go wild!
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS!
- Ready to go in less than 10 minutes!
- Easy ingredients you probably already have at home.
- Delicious corn dip with fritos or other scooping chip!
- EASY and tasty substitutions
- The COLD sour cream offsets the spicy peppers perfectly
THIS IS HOW TO MAKE IT!
First lay out your ingredients and then chop the jalapeños.
When chopping the jalapeños, it is best to…
- first slice the pepper in half,
- use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and ribs.
- Then cut into matchstick size slices.
- This makes for easy small chopping!
Put all of the ingredients into a big bowl.
Then mix well and….
- cover with plastic wrap and
- place into the fridge to “meld”.
You’ll notice that the corn dip is a little loose at first, it does tend to firm up as it cools back down in the fridge.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN I USE ANY SUBSTITUTIONS IN THIS CORN DIP?
Yes! Of course you can!
- The sour cream can be substituted with Greek Yogurt, lite sour cream or even creme fresh
- Mayonnaise can be substituted for any mayo substitute such as vegan mayo, lite mayonnaise, etc.
- Southwest corn can be substituted for any equal amount of corn, but you’ll want to increase the fresh jalapeno and perhaps add chopped pimentos as well.
- The green onions really set this dish off, but if you can’t find them or don’t have them, use 15 chives or 1 1/2 Tbs dried chives or 1/2 a minced onion (purple would be best).
- For more heat, substitute a serrano pepper for the jalapeno.
HOW LONG WILL CORN DIP BE GOOD FOR?
- Refrigerate after making and it will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days.
- Do not allow the Corn Dip to sit out for more than 2 hours before placing into the refrigerator.
CAN I FREEZE CORN DIP?
Unfortunately, no, corn dip can not be frozen because the mayonnaise in it does not freeze well. It would be a gloopy mess if you froze it.
WHAT IF I DON’T LIKE SPICY DIPS?
- This dip is only mildly spicy. The jalapeños are fresh peppers and because you remove the seeds and ribs, they don’t have much kick at all.
- If you really want ZERO spiciness, then leave the jalapeños off entirely and substitute a single green bell pepper (remove the seeds and ribs).
- Serving this cold corn dip with fritos or equally sturdy chip also off sets some of the spice level.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR CORN DIP
- This dip is BEST if you make it a few hours BEFORE you want to serve it. Let it sit in the refrigerator and let the flavors meld and marry!
- Be SURE to drain the corn well before adding it to the dip, otherwise, your dip will be loose and soggy.
- BE SURE to use FRESH jalapeños for this dip and not the pickled ones (they would be far too hot).
- Use a LARGE bowl for mixing, it makes quite a lot.
PRO TIP: Add 4 slices of crisply fried and crumbled bacon and serve with a side of small diced tomatoes for a delicious addition.
Here Are Some Other Fun Corn Recipes Too!
IF YOU ENJOY CORN DIP, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Hot Cheesy Bacon Party Dip
- Sharp Cheese Dip
- The Best Ever Fruit Dip
- Best Ever Peach and Fruity Salsa
TRY OUT LOTS OF OTHER FUN APPETIZERS FROM LOAVES AND DISHES!
HELP ME OUT, OK?
- Leave me a 5 STAR COMMENT 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 below, please. It helps others to find the recipes here at Loaves and Dishes.
- Want hot cooking tips and new recipes to come straight to you? Make sure to sign up for the weekly email!
- 1 16 oz sour cream
- 1 ½ Cups Mayonnaise
- 2 15.2 oz cans of southwest corn drained well
- 6 green onions chopped Chopped small, green and white portion
- 4 jalapeños peppers FRESH ONLY (not canned) seeds and ribs removed then chopped small
- 2 4 oz cans chopped green chilis
- 2 ½ Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Assemble the ingredients. Reserve 2 Tbs of the chopped green onion for garnish.
- In a LARGE bowl, mix all ingredients, stir well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with the reserved chopped green onion. Serve with a hearty cup shaped chip like fritos
- Greek Yogurt for Mayo, equal amounts
- Green Bell Pepper for Jalapeno (1 for 4).
- Purple or Yellow onion for green onions (1/2 for 6).
- Serrano Pepper for the Jalapeno Pepper (1 for 1 will make it 3x more hot. You might want to consider substituting 2 Serrano peppers for the 4 peppers for slightly more heat or 1 serrano pepper for about the same heat.
- Add crumbled crispy bacon or chopped tomato for extra flavor and color.
- Use more jalapeno for more crunch and heat.
- Add a ton of flavor by using the sharpest cheese you can find.
- Make sure to allow this to rest in the refrigerator after mixing for at least an hour but 4 hours is better.
- Spice up by using Pepper Jack cheese.
A VERSE TO SHARE
Sometimes we all need an uplifting word…
“God will not deliver him.” But you, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain. I lie down and sleep; wake again, because the LORD sustains me. I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.