***Brand new photos for Clays Famous Three Bean Casserole from May 15, 2015***
This is a perfect and wonderful three bean baked bean casserole is simply perfect! I can say that about Clays Famous Three Bean Casserole because, I didn’t actually come up with it!
Clay is the son of a friend of mine and he is about 23 years old. He is a truly wonderful person. Like me, he LOVES to cook.
We often have a lot to talk about in that regard. Clay shared this recipe with me saying, “It is so simple and it is REALLY GOOD!”
The good news? You can whip this up in about 10 minutes!! So, try some, TODAY! You probably have everything you need right in your pantry!
On another note, you are probably wondering about other Baked Bean type recipes, right? HERE is a post about some SUPER delicious baked beans that are kicky and spicy with all the secrets of delicious baked beans.
I know some of you are having some questions about these Baked Three Bean Casserole and I’m here to answer them for you.
HOW LONG IS CLAYS THREE BEAN CASSEROLE GOOD FOR?
Once you make this casserole, you will be so happy with the leftovers! They are DELICIOUS! Keep the casserole in the refrigerator and it will be good for about 5 days.
HOW LONG CAN CLAYS THREE BEAN CASSEROLE SIT OUT FOR?
You won’t want to let this sit out longer than 2 hours before you put it back in the refrigerator.
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH CLAYS THREE BEAN CASSEROLE?
Here is a picture of one of my Mother’s Day tables from years past when I served Clays Three Bean Casserole! The menu is below the photo.
GREAT SERVED WITH…
Fresh Corn on the cob
Clay’s Famous Baked Bean Casserole
CAN I MAKE THIS BAKED THREE BEAN CASSEROLE IN THE CROCKPOT?
Yes, you actually can. Simply brown the bacon in a frying pan first. Put all of the ingredients in the crockpot. Decrease the Apple cider vinegar to 1 Tbs. Cook on low x 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
CAN I MAKE THIS BAKED THREE BEAN CASSEROLE ON THE STOVETOP?
Yes, you can. Brown the bacon in the frying pan first. Add all of the ingredients to a large saucepan on the stove top. Decrease the apple cider vinegar to 1 Tbs. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
CAN I MAKE THIS BAKED THREE BEAN CASSEROLE IN THE MICROWAVE?
Yes, you can. Brown the bacon in a frying pan first. Cook the onion and garlic in a frying pan until translucent. Add all of the ingredients to a large microwave safe bowl. Decrease the apple cider vinegar to 1 Tbs. Cook on high for 3 minutes. Stir. Repeat in 1 minute intervals until hot.
THE RECIPE FOR CLAYS THREE BEAN CASSEROLE
Easy three bean casserole baked bean casserole
- 1 Can of Cannellini Beans can use Butter Bean’s if you can’t locate Cannelini Beans - drained
- 1 Can of Red Kidney Beans -drained
- 2 Cans of Pork N Beans – drained
- ½ Lb Bacon cut into small pieces and cooked till almost crispy.
- 1 medium onion diced.
- 1 loosely packed Cup of Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Preheat the oven to 375. Drain all of the beans and mix together in a bowl. Fry the bacon in a skillet. Remove the cooked bacon from the skillet and drain all but 2 Tbs of the grease.
- Cook the diced onion in the bacon grease over medium heat until the onion is soft – about 4 minutes. Add the brown sugar and apple cider vinegar to the onion and let boil for a few minutes – stand back – it will make you cough if you breath the fumes
- Mix everything together in a casserole dish (9x13) and bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
A VERSE TO SHARE
The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life. ~ Job 33:4