So EASY to save cheese slices for later! When you know how to freeze cheese slices, you can save the plain ones, the plastic wrapped ones AND the ones you cut yourself! Save a ton of money and time by learning how to freeze!
Why This Recipe Works
- Its FAST
- You probably already have everything you need.
- Saves Money!
Here’s How It’s Done
STEP 1. Gather your items and sharpie marker. Label the bag with the ingredients, today’s date and a “USE BY” date (6 months from now). Place the Cheese Slices into the zip lock bag and squeeze out as much air as possible. Seal the bag with air removed.
STEP 2. Place them into the icebox in the bag and lay as flat as possible.
How To Freeze Cheese Slices.
Place the Cheese Slices into a resealable freezer quality plastic bag, push the air out. Seal and label the bag. Place into the freezer laying it as flat as possible.
How To Use Frozen Cheese Slices.
We LOVE frozen Cheese Slices in these recipes…
Try melting some on these Frozen Fries
Don’t you LOVE Tater Tots with Cheese?
How about Broccoli?
Frequently Asked Questions about How To Freeze Cheese Slices (FAQ’s)
Can Cheese Slices Be Frozen?
Yes, absolutely you can! It’s easy and fast and will save you a ton of money in the long run. Simply follow the instructions in the recipe card below.
Can Sliced Cheese Slices Be Frozen?
Yes,they can! NO problem with it at all! I’ll show you how, just keep reading!
Can You Freeze Shredded Cheese?
Yes, you can! You can put the bag directly into the freezer the way it comes from the store if it is not opened yet. Only keep it this way for up to 1 month.
If you have already opened the bag, then follow the directions listed below.
Can You Freeze Homemade Cheese Slices?
Yes, freeze homemade just like you do commercially produced and use them within 3 months.
Can I Freeze a Package of Cheese Slices?
Yes, you can! You can put the package directly into the freezer the way it comes from the store if it is not opened yet. Only keep it this way for up to 1 month.
Can I Freeze Cheese Sticks?
Yes, you can! Freeze directly in the freezer the way it comes from the store after you place it in a freezer safe plastic bag, press out the air and seal it.
Can You Freeze Mozzarella Cheese Slices?
Yes, you can! Freeze mozzarella directly in the freezer the way it comes from the store after you place it in a freezer safe plastic bag, squeeze the air out and seal it.
If you have already opened the Cheese Slices, then follow the directions listed below.
Does Freezing Cheese Slices Change How It Tastes?
- No, this does not change the taste. Instead, it maintains the them with no noticeable taste, texture or melting qualities.
- Do I Need to Thaw Cheese Slices Before Using It In a Recipe?
- You DO need to thaw them before using because you won’t be able to separate them to use in your recipe when they are frozen together.
How Do I Thaw Frozen Cheese Slices?
Put the bag of Cheese Slices into the refrigerator the day before you plan to use the Cheese Slices
Place the Cheese Slices into a zip lock type bag, seal it, float it in a large bowl of tepid water for 20-30 minutes.
How To Do It to Avoid Freezer Burn.
- The main points to avoid freezer burn.
- Make sure there is no air in the bag.
- Make sure there are no holes in your freezer bag.
- Keep the frozen Cheese Slices at a steady temp as close to 0 as possible.
How to Know If Frozen Cheese Slices Is Bad
If you notice….
- The Cheese Slices appears encased in ice crystals or frost
- Cheese Slices is very light colored and dry
- It has been in the ice box longer than 6 months.
- There was a lot of air in the package
Want to Know More About Freezing and Thawing?
Hey, Ya’ll, Help Me Out, OK?
Leave me a 5 STAR comment in the comment section below. This helps other people to find recipes on Loaves and Dishes!
How To Freeze Cheese Slices
- 1 lb cheese slices
- Use a sharpie marker to write on the cheese package: today’s date, use by date (3-6 months), how many days until expired.
- Freeze the cheese in the store package for no more than 2-3 weeks.
- If you need to freeze for longer, then wrap the cheese inside the store container with a zip lock bag.
- Place the cheese in the freezer until needed.
- Buy more cheese than you need when it is on sale and freeze some for later!
- Use your frozen cheese as soon as you can. Don’t let it stay frozen longer than 6 months.
- Remember that cheese will go bad after you thaw it, use it quickly.
- Don’t try to freeze cheese that is on the verge of spoiling, it will still spoil quickly when you thaw it.
- To thaw cheese, place it in the refrigerator a day or two before you plan to use it.