Have Ground Beef frozen for upcoming dinners? Here’s how to thaw all kinds of Ground Beef!
Why This Recipe Works
- Ground Beef will thaw easily
- You’ll save a ton of money by having Ground Beef on hand for family gatherings and dinners!
Here’s How It’s Done
METHOD NUMER 1.
Remove it from the freezer and place it into the refrigerator. Be sure to set it on a plate. Check the Ground Beef after 24 hours and see if it has thawed. A large amount of Ground Beef will take longer to thaw and may take as long as 3 days.
METHOD NUMBER 2.
Remove the Ground Beef from the Freezer and place into a large container filled with cool water.
Check it every 30 minutes and change the water every 30 minutes until ready. Then place into the refrigerator until ready to cook. Cook within 2 days.
Recipes for Thawed Ground Beef
We love to use our Ground Beef in these recipes!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
How Do You Thaw Ground Beef?
It’s so easy to thaw Ground Beef, in fact, you won’t find an easier recipe on this website! Simply move it to the refrigerator a few days before you plan to cook it. Be sure to place a plate under the Ground Beef to catch any dripping juices.
How To Thaw a Frozen Ground Beef Quickly
If you need to start cooking your frozen Ground Beef quickly, the best method is to use the cool water method (number 2 from above). For this method, you will need a large very clean container (cooler or plastic tub), fill it with cool water, place the Ground Beef in a large plastic bag with no holes, gently lower it into the cooler. Change the water every 30 minutes. The meat should unfreeze at a rate of 1lb per 30 minutes.
How Long Does It Take To Thaw Ground Beef?
It takes 24 hours. Take it out at least 1 day before you plan to cook it.
Can I Cook Ground Beef From Frozen?
Yes, you can.
- Place the ground beef into a skillet, set the heat on medium low. Pour 1/2 cup water into the skillet and put the lid on the pan.
- Using a wooden spoon, scrape the edges off of the brick of ground beef every few minutes and then replace the lid.
Can I Defrost Ground Beef in the Microwave?
Yes, you can. HOWEVER, often the ground beef will cook on the edges if you defrost in the microwave. Use care.
- Set the microwave on defrost.
- Put the hamburger in a microwave safe dish.
- Set the microwave for the correct amount of time based on the weight of your burger.
- Check and turn the beef frequently.
How Long is Thawed Ground Beef Good For?
Thawed Ground Beef is good for 3-5 days before you cook it. Therefore, thaw it out and then be ready to use it. It will be good for another 3-5 days once you have cooked it.
How Long For a 10lb Ground Beef?
A 10lb Chub of Ground Beef will be ready in about 3 days in the refrigerator. If you are using the cool water method, you can plan on 30 minutes per pound of Ground Beef, therefore, that would be about 5 hours.
Can I Eat Ground Beef That Has Been Frozen for 2 Years?
That is really a judgement call. Essentially, if the meat has been frozen at 32F, it should be fine. However, freezer burn can set in and that will ruin the meat. Check the meat well for freezer burn before preparing it.
How To Know If Frozen Ground Beef is Bad
If you notice….
- The meat appears encased in ice crystals or frost
- Meat is very light colored and dry
- The meat has been in the freezer longer than 6 months.
- There was a lot of air in the package.
Tips and Tricks for How to Thaw Ground Beef
- Plan ahead and place the Ground Beef into the fridge 1 day before you plan to use it.
- Be SURE to put a plate or towel beneath the Beef to collect any dripping juices as it becomes unfrozen in the refrigerator.
- Use the cool water method if you will need the Ground Beef more quickly.
- Place the Beef in a zippered plastic bag to keep the water out if you are using the cool water method.
- Use a VERY CLEAN cooler, sink or a plastic tub for thawing the Ground Beef with the cool water method.
If You Enjoyed Learning About How To Thaw Ground Beef, You Might Also Want To See…
Want to Know More About Freezing and Thawing?
Ya’ll Help Me Out, OK?
Please leave me a 5 STAR comment below. This helps others find Loaves and Dishes on the internet!
How to Thaw Ground Beef
- 1 lb ground beef
Method 1 (Refrigerator)
- Remove the beef from the freezer.
- Place a plate in the refrigerator with a kitchen towel on top of it.
- Lay the beef on top of the platter and towel.
- Allow to thaw in the fridge for 1-3 days before cooking (depending on size of the package)
Method 2 (cool water)
- Fill a large container with cool water.
- Wrap the beef in a plastic bag
- Lower the bag into the large container of cool water.
- Change the water every 30 minutes.
- beef will thaw at a rate of 1lb per 30 minutes.
- Plan ahead and place the burger into the fridge for about 1-3 days before you plan to use it.
- Be SURE to put a plate or towel beneath the beef to collect any dripping juices as it thaws in the refrigerator.
- Use the cool water method if you will need the ham more quickly.
- Use a VERY CLEAN cooler, sink or a plastic tub for thawing the burger with the cool water method.
A VERSE TO SHARE
Humility is a thing, ya’ll. It is so clear to see at this point in my life. I hope if you are younger, you’ll read this with a discerning eye.
For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.
Friday 15th of November 2019
aggregate rating test