Fast, Yummy and Perfect! Microwave Ramen Noodle Recipes are EASY and you only need to know how to microwave ramen!
Why This Recipe Works for How To Microwave Ramen
- READY IN MINUTES!
- DRESS IT UP!
Here’s How How To Microwave Ramen…
Break the noodles up inside the packet and dump them into a microwave safe bowl.
Pour water over the noodles.
PRO TIP: For more flavor, use chicken broth instead.
Microwave for a minute, stir, reheat for 30 second intervals until cooked through the way you prefer.
Add the flavoring packet, butter and any other toppings that you prefer. Check out the list below for some great ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) about How To Microwave Ramen.
How Long to Microwave Square Package Ramen?
- Add water per instructions below,
- microwave for a single minute and then
- repeat at thir-ty second intervals until heated through.
How Long to Microwave Ramen in a Cup?
- Follow the directions on the package, BUT we
- pour water over the top to cover the noodles and then
- heat for 3 minutes and allow to sit for 3 minutes.
Can I Microwave Ramen in a Styrofoam Cup?
Crumble the ramen,
- put half cup of water in the cup,
- microwave for a minute and then
- repeat for 1/2 minute intervals until the noodles are done the way you like them.
Why Can’t I Microwave Maruchan Instant Lunch?
It has to do with the packaging.
Simply follow the instructions given on that package for preparation instructions.
If the package calls for adding boiling water, you can boil water on the stove OR
- you can heat the water in the microwave for one minute,
- stir heat again for thirty seconds and this will make the water hot enough to
- add to the Maruchan Instant Lunch.
***Important note: The water in the microwave will not be boiling when you remove it from the microwave. You will want to stir the water every 30 seconds to avoid any super heated bubbles in the water***
What Can I Use Instead of the Little Flavoring Packet That Is Included?
Mix the following together and use it instead:
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
Is Ramen Bad For Me?
That really isn’t the prerogative of this website, you have to make your own choices about that, but I do provide nutrition information below AND here is a comprehensive breakdown of what the USDA says is in Ramen.
See for yourself and make your decisions!
How To Make Instant Ramen Noodles Better
There are a couple of choices here when you want to make instant ramen noodles better…
- Add a fat – we add a pat of butter, but you could alternatively add a little olive oil, bacon grease or some other oil.
- The flavoring packet adds a lot of flavor.
- Use broth instead of water to cook the noodles in. Broth is available at the grocery near the canned soups.
To really make instant ramen better, consider adding some of the following:
- Boiled Egg
- Fried Egg
- Green Scallions
- Mixed frozen veggies (add them when you are just starting to heat the ramen).
- Hot Sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Soy sauce
- Fish sauce
Fresh vegetables like
- Bean shoots
- Add some flavorings of your own such as
- Cayenne pepper
Here Are The BEST Instant Ramen Recipes!
For the Best Instant Ramen Recipes, try one of these:
- Chicken Ramen with chicken broth, rotisserie chicken pieces, the flavor pack, Onion powder, garlic powder, boiled egg, dash of hot sauce and dash of soy sauce!
- Try Ramen with broth, turkey lunch meat cut into small pieces, the flavor packet, minced garlic, sauteed onion, mushrooms, bean sprouts and soy sauce.
- Beef Ramen, flavor packet, beef broth, left over cooked ground beef, onion, hot sauce, top with bean shoots, mushrooms and dash of hot mustard.
How To Cook Ramen Without a Microwave?
- Just boil some water,
- pour it over the ramen in a bowl (break the ramen up so that it cooks better),
- cover with wrap and
- let it set for 3 minutes.
- If your noodles haven’t softened to your liking, recover them and let them set another 3 minutes.
- Add the flavor packet and a pat of butter. Stir.
PRO TIP: If that still hasn’t softened them the way you like, pour that water off and add more hot boiling water.
How Long is Ramen Good For?
- Ramen will last refrigerated 2 days.
- Do not let it sit out for more than 2 hours unrefrigerated.
Can I Freeze Ramen?
You can freeze ramen for up to 3 months in a freezer safe package.
How Do I Reheat Ramen?
- Wet it slightly with a few tablespoons of water,
- cover with wrap and
- microwave for 1 minute.
Tips & Tricks for How To Microwave Ramen
- Break the ramen up into smaller pieces before starting, this makes it easier to cook the noodles and you’ll never know the difference when you are eating it.
- If you want to add a lot of flavor, use chicken broth instead of water in your ramen.
- The ramen noodles are kind of delicate and are best if eaten quickly after cooking.
- You can break the noodles up into small pieces and put them over a salad for a wonderful tasty crunch!
- Adding just a few things to your bowl of ramen will make it so much better! A boiled egg is easy and adds protein, cut up lunch meat or a few cooked veggies are good too! Get Creative!
If You Enjoy How To Microwave Ramen, You Might Also Enjoy..
Or ANY of Our EASY COMFORT FOODS!
YA’LL HELP ME OUT, OK?
Please leave me a comment and 5 STAR ( 🌟 🌟🌟🌟 🌟 ) review, I ALWAYS love to hear from you and your comments MAKE MY DAY! (Plus, it helps me out by letting everyone know that this is the place to find good recipes!)
How To Microwave Ramen
- 1 Package of Ramen Noodles
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 flavoring packet
- 1 Tbs butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Before opening the package of ramen, break the noodles up and then pour them into a microwave safe bowl.
- Pour ½ Cup water over the broken noodles.
- Microwave for 1 minute and then repeat in 30 second intervals until steaming hot and noodles are soft.
- While hot, add the flavoring packet and the butter. Stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Make sure to stir the ramen between each session of microwaving.
- To add a lot of flavor to your ramen, try using broth instead of water.
- Add toppings such as cooked veggies like carrots or broccoli. Add scallions to the top for flavor. You can also add chunks of meat or boiled egg.
- If you are concerned about using the enclosed flavorings, you can make your own as follows:
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp sugar
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1 Tbs soy sauce
*Be sure to add the butter though.
- These ramen noodles are really good with a bright green flavor added in like fresh cut scallions, fresh parsley or chives.
A VERSE TO SHARE
Sometimes I wonder about the old stories in the Bible. Many of them, Jesus comes along later and says, “I have a new rule” and that wipes out the old laws.
But those old stories do something else too. They demonstrate a LOT of faith. Blind faith where I’m sure the people thought, “this will NEVER work out”.
For example, read Deuteronomy through. The people are ready to cross into Jordan but Moses says, “I can’t go with you, God says so, I’m too old anyway”. Joshua will lead you and you’ll have to take the land from the people over there.
Uhhhh – WHAT? I’m just positive that must have been the reaction of some of them. Go read the story yourself and you’ll know what I’m talking about.
My favorite line is verse 6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.