Seriously, ya’ll. Before spring leaves us completely, you HAVE to try this salad. This one, right here! You already know that I am on a strawberry kick (evidence -Strawberry shortcake and How to Make and Can Strawberry Jam ). OK. OK. I know, it has gone well beyond a kick. It is a full blown obsession at this point – Don’t even say it. No need to assemble some friends for an intervention or anything. Just try this Strawberry Toasted Pecan and Goat Cheese Salad
But OH! The fresh soft taste of butter lettuce and the tang of Arugula against the bright and sweet notes of the strawberry with the crunchy rich nutty toasted pecan flavor and the bite of the goat cheese! OH MY! Add some good balsamic vinegar on top and you have a dish to set before a KING!
This Strawberry Toasted Pecan and Goat Cheese Salad is easy to toss together, is wonderful as a side and PERFECT as the main event for a light dinner. I served this salad one night when my adult children and their spouses came for dinner. Everyone gobbled it up!
Recipe Inspiration for Strawberry, Toasted Pecan and Goat Cheese Salad
This recipe came to me as I was perusing the fridge one night for dinner and had something like a “Chopped” basket of possible ingredients. This salad is the happy result! Try it today!
Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. ~ Colossians 3:20
- 2 Cups shredded Butter Lettuce (or mild lettuce of your choice)
- ½ Cup Arugula Lettuce
- 1 cup sliced fresh ripe Strawberries
- ¼ Fresh Goat Cheese
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ Cup toasted Pecans
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar to taste as dressing.
- Shred the 2 Cups of butter lettuce into a large bowl. Add the ½ Cup Arugula lettuce and toss well.
- Cut Strawberries into small slices and add to the top of the lettuce. Cut or pinch the goat cheese into pea sized pieces and add to the salad.
- Over medium heat in a stainless steel skillet, heat 1 tsp butter. When melted and starting to steam, add the pecans. Toast for 3-4 minutes, until starting to brown. Remove from skillet and allow to cool slightly before adding to the salad. Add to the salad, add salt and pepper to taste. Dress with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately. Serves 4.