Easy, Fast and SUPER DELICIOUS! This Holiday Snack Mix is the perfect gift for the candy & sugar enthusiast on your list! Besides, it’s only going to take you a few minutes to whip this up and you’ll be the STAR of the show!
Holiday Snack Mix
Seriously, if you are taking something yummy to a party or if giving a box of goodies to a friend, this Holiday Snack Mix will be the easiest addition you can possibly make!
This takes literal minutes to make and tastes like you spent hours slaving in the kitchen over it!
Besides, Holiday Snack Mix looks so pretty in a box with other treats!
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Rice Chex
- Mini Pretzels
- Captain Crunch Cereal (NO BERRIES! Just the plain stuff)
- Cheerios (the plain kind)
- M&M’s (the Christmas ones if you can find them, but plain is fine too).
- 1 1/2 bags white chocolate chips (we recommend Ghiradelli brand).
- 1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil.
- Red and Green Sprinkles
Here’s How You Do It
- Sprinkle pretzels, cereal and M&Ms in a bowl, mix well.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over the top. Then stir gently
- Spread out onto a pan to harden. Break apart and serve.
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Holiday Snack Mix
- It’s fine to break up the pretzels if you feel they are too big for the mix you are working to achieve.
- It’s always easiest to melt chocolate in the microwave, however, if you don’t have a microwave, melt the chocolates in a double boiler. Be very careful not to splash water into the chocolate or it will seize.
- Its very important to use good quality white chocolate for this recipe because that is one of the main tastes. I recommend the Ghiradelli brand chips.
- Mix gently so that you don’t break the ingredients while trying to mix in the chocolate. No worries if it isn’t mixing in that evenly, the end result is a little clumpy anyway.
- Use the more salty brands of pretzels as this adds a lot of flavor to the dish.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Yes, you can! Place in a freezer safe container, remove as much air as possible and then freeze for up to 3 months.
This keeps for about a week without freezing. Keep in an air tight container.
Keep this treat in an air tight container like a plastic container with a sealing lid or a zip lock type bag.
If You Enjoyed This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy…
Watch Me Make It!
Can You Give Me a Hand?
Please leave a 5 STAR comment in the comment section below, this helps others to find the recipes at Loaves and Dishes!
Holiday Snack Mix
- 2 Cups Chex Cereal Rice
- 2 Cups Captain Crunch Cereal plain with no berries or flavors
- 2 Cups Cheerios plain, no flavors added
- 1 Cup Miniature pretzels
- 1 Cup M&M's regular are fine, Christmas colors if you can find them
- 16 oz white chocolate chips Prefer Ghiradelli. This is 1 1/2 of the 12 oz bags
- 1.5 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs Christmas sprinkles
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper over the top of a rimmed baking sheet so that it completely covers the sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix the cereals, pretzels, M&M's together so that they are mixed well.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolates with the oil by microwaving for 2 minutes initially, remove from the microwave and stir well, continue in 1 minute increments until the chocolate is well melted and runny. Be careful, it's hot.
- Pour the white chocolate over the ingredients in the other bowl. Use a rubber spatula to stir the ingredients to ensure that white chocolate get's on all of the ingredients. Sprinkle with the red and green sprinkles.
- Spread the mix over the top of the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Allow to cool well (30 minutes or more – you can put it in the fridge to speed things up if needed). Break into pieces for sharing. Keep in a sealed container.
I wish I had time to discuss this in detail here, but I don’t and this isn’t the place. That said, I have recently witnessed so much anger and hatred between strangers. It sure makes the world a scary place. Something I think we have to remember.
And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another