10 MINUTE RECIPE for The BEST boiled hot dog recipe ever! I’ll show you How To Boil Hot Dogs!
Make Your Own Steaming Hot, Rich, Flavorful and Homemade on a Perfectly Toasted Bun When you know the secret to Perfectly Cooked How To Boil Hot Dogs!
Why This Recipe Works…
- This recipe is EASY and FAST!
- READY in 10 MINUTES!
- Works for ALL HOT DOGS!
Here’s How To Boil Hot Dogs….
Pour 1 Quart of Water into a sauce pan (4 Cups) and set the burner on HIGH. Use up to one 8 dog package for this amount of water.
Put the number of hotdogs you want to make into the water.
Allow to come to a full rolling boil for 5 minutes. Turn the burner off, drain and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
How Long to Boil Hot Dogs
Bring small saucepan filled halfway with water to simmering boil on high. Add hot dogs to boiling water. This will stop boiling, but leave heat alone, it will boil again. Once water returns to boil, hot dogs will heat through in about 5 minutes.
Are Hot Dogs Already Fully Cooked?
Yes, all hot dogs are fully cooked when you purchase them from the store. They are completely safe to eat right out of the package.
HOWEVER, it is BEST to fully cook the hot dogs because there have been some cases where Listeria develops after packaging.
What’s in a Hot Dog Anyway?
Here’s an interesting article about how Hot Dogs are Made, if you are curious!
How Long To Boil Hot Dogs?
- If the hot dog is frozen: 8-10 minutes.
- If the hot dog is just refrigerated: 5 minutes
How Do You Cook Hot Dogs Without A Grill?
When you do not have a grill, boiling hot dogs is the very BEST way to cook a hot dog!
Do You Boil Hot Dogs BEFORE You Grill Them?
You DO NOT have to boil hot dogs BEFORE you grill them.
Hot dogs are already fully cooked, when you grill OR boil them, you are really just heating them up.
How Long Are Hot Dogs Good For?
- Once the package is opened, hot dogs are good for about 5 days as long as you keep them in a sealed package in the refrigerator.
- When hot dogs have been cooked, they will keep for about 5 days as long as you keep them in a sealed package in the refrigerator.
- Don’t let hot dogs sit out unrefrigerated for more than 2 hours at a time.
What’s the Best Way to Reheat a Hot Dog?
- The best way to reheat a hot dog is to wrap it in aluminum foil place it in a 350 oven for about 10 minutes.
- You can also, reboil the hot dog for 5 minutes.
- Heat in the microwave for 1 minute in a bowl of water, repeat for 30 sec intervals till heated through.
- Grill for a few minutes.
Can I FREEZE Hot Dogs?
- Yes, you can place the whole package as purchased from the store in the freezer for up to three months.
- You can also freeze cooked hot dogs in freezer safe containers for up to 3 months.
Can I BOIL a FROZEN Hot Dog?
- just put the frozen hot dogs (even if they are stuck together) in the water,
- follow the directions below for how to boil hot dogs and
- allow an extra 5-8 minutes of full strength boiling.
How Long To Boil a Frozen Hot Dog?
Frozen Hot Dogs will need to boil 8-10 minutes at a full boil to completely defrost and heat through.
How To Defrost a Frozen Hot Dog Quickly
- You can simply put the frozen hot dog into the pan to boil and it will defrost as it heats up.
- If you plan to grill or cook your hot dog another way, then to defrost your hot dog, place it in a zip lock type bag and allow it to float in luke warm water in a bowl in the sink until thawed (about 20 minutes or so).
TIPS & TRICKS for a PERFECT HOT DOG
Toast the Bun
- Split the bun.
- Paint the inside and outside with melted butter.
- Then broil in the oven under the broiling till toasted on one side, flip and do the other side.
Add MORE Flavor to the Hot Dogs:
Doing ONE or BOTH of the FOLLOWING..
- Add more flavoring to the water you boil in.
- Add more toppings and ingredients to the completed Hot Dog.
To ADD MORE FLAVOR to the WATER, try…
- Boil the Hot Dogs in THIS BEER Recipe…
Pour one whole beer into a sauce pan( your choice of flavors – pick one that you personally like).
- 1 Cup of water
- ½ a stick of butter (4 Tbs).
- 2 Tbs Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Set this on medium high, add the hot dogs.
- Allow to come to a simmer.
- Cut the heat back to medium when simmering.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then drain and serve.
Boil the Hot Dogs in Flavored Broths
- Chicken Broth,
- Vegetable Broth
- Beef Broth
Boil the hot dog in a can of beef consume mixed with one can of water.
What to PUT ON the Hot Dogs…
Of course, there’s the obvious…
But what about….
What Can I Serve With Hot Dogs?
and don’t forget to have some delicious Southern Sweet Tea!
If You Enjoyed This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy
IN FACT, Any of our Main Dish Recipes will interest you!
YA’LL HELP ME OUT, OK?
I need your help! Please leave me a 5 STAR 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 in the comments below and let me know what you would like to add to your chicken slider! This lets the internet know that THIS IS THE PLACE for wonderful comfort food!
How To Boil Hot Dogs
- 1 Quart of Water
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1-8 Hot Dogs
- our the water into a medium sized sauce pan and set the heat on medium high.
- Add the salt to the water.
- Place the hot dogs in the water.
- Continue heating on medium high until water begins to boil. Cut the heat back slightly so that pan won’t boil over. Simmer like this for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain and serve.
- Hot Dogs are fully cooked when you purchase them, so boiling is really just heating them up.
- Make sure to give guests plenty of options for toppings.
- Toast the buns with butter! You won’t be sorry!
- Add a bouillon cube to the cooking water at the start (any flavor works).
- Cook the hot dogs in a chicken, beef or vegetable stock!
- Cut the water by ½ (2 Cups) and add a can of beef consume soup to the water, let the hot dogs boil in that soup.
- Add a beer, ½ stick of butter, 1 tbs of hot sauce, 1 tsp of onion powder and 1 tsp of garlic powder to 2 cups of water and boil the hot dogs in that mixture.
A VERSE TO SHARE…
Since I’m traveling today and trying so hard to use my talents for good, this verse resounded with me and I hope it does with you too.
1 Peter 4:10
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms