Leftover holiday Cooked Ham? NO PROBLEM! When you know HOW TO FREEZE Cooked Ham, you’ll be saving money, time and have Cooked Ham you can use later!
Why This Recipe Works
- You Can SAVE a ton of money by buying on sale.
- It tastes the same ! Who knew?
- Having it available is like having an entire meal in the freezer!
Here’s How You Do It.
STEP 1. Make sure its in a container you want to do the job in (zip lock freezer bag, wrapped in plastic wrap and butcher paper?). Write on the container the date you froze it, a use by date
STEP 2. Place it in the freezer.
Can You Freeze Cooked Ham?
Yes, you can freeze Cooked Ham easily but just placing it in the freezer. This does not affect the taste.
Recipes You’ll Use Yours In!…
We LOVE to use frozen Cooked Ham in some of these recipes!!!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Can You Freeze A Bone In Cooked Ham?
Yes, you can freeze a bone in Cooked Ham, just follow these directions.
Can You Freeze A Whole Smoked Cooked Ham?
Yes, absolutely you can! Simply follow the directions below.
Can I Freeze a Spiral Sliced Cooked Ham?
Yep! Sure can! This recipe will show you how. It’s the same for all kinds of Cooked Ham!
What is the Best Way To Freeze A Cooked Ham?
The very best way to freeze a Cooked Ham is to see the recipe card below and use the instructions for wrapping in plastic wrap followed by paper. Freezer paper can be found at the grocery store where you will find plastic wrap, aluminum foil and parchment paper.
Can I Eat Cooked Ham That Has Been Frozen For A Year or More?
That is really a judgement call. Essentially, if the meat has been frozen at 32F, it should be fine. However, freezer burn can set in and that will ruin the meat. Check the meat well for freezer burn before preparing it.
How To Know If It is Bad
If you notice….
- The meat appears encased in ice crystals or frost
- Meat is very light colored and dry
- The meat has been in the freezer longer than 6 months.
- There was a lot of air in the package.
Can I Freeze a Cooked Ham?
Yes, you can freeze cooked Cooked Ham. Place it in an ice box safe package then freez. This will keep for 3-6 months.
Can I Freeze A Cooked Ham Bone?
Yes, you can the bone! Place it in a freez safe package (like a zip lock bag) and put in ice box for up to 3-6 months. Works GREAT in PINTO BEANS!
How to Thaw
- Remove the package from the freezer
- Place it in the refrigerator.
- After 2-3 days it should be thawed.
- Remove the package from the freezer
- Place the Cooked Ham in a large bowl of cool water or in a very clean sink.
- Check every 30 minutes.
- When thawed, place in the refrigerator.
How Long Does It Take Cooked Ham To Freeze?
That depends on how much you are trying to freeze.
- A large one may take 24 hours.
- A small one may only take a few hours
- Be sure to wrap either in a heavy wrapper so that it is safe in there! It’s COLD in there!
How Long Can You Freeze Cooked Ham?
If it is wrapped in a sturdy freezer package can last 3-6 months easily. You’ll want to follow the instructions for how to freeze it that are in the card below.
Does Freezing Cooked Ham Change The Taste?
Freezing Cooked Ham does not change the taste or texture at all. Cooked Ham that has been tastes exactly as you would expect and this is a great way to save for later.
Tips and Tricks
- Buy more Ham than you need when it is on sale and freeze some for later!
- Use your it up soon. Don’t let it stay frozen longer than 6 months.
- Remember that it will go bad after you thaw it, use it in a reasonable time.
- Don’t try to put it in the icebox if it is on the verge of spoiling, it will still spoil quickly when you thaw it. Instead, use it in a dish like pinto beans and then freeze THAT if you have to.
- To thaw it, place it in the refrigerator on the day before you plan to use it.
- Interesting information about ham farmers.
If You Enjoyed Learning This, You Might Also Want To See…
Ya’ll Help Me Out, OK?
Please leave me a 5 STAR comment below. This helps others find Loaves and Dishes on the internet!
How to Freeze Cooked Ham
- 10 lb Cooked Ham
- Use a sharpie marker to write on the Cooked Ham container: today’s date, use by date (3-6 months), how many days until expired.
- Freeze the Cooked Ham in the store container for no more than 2-3 weeks.
- If you need to freeze for longer, then wrap the Cooked Ham inside the store container with several layers of plastic wrap followed by several layers of freezer paper. Secure well with tape. Be sure to label the Cooked Ham well.
- Place the Cooked Ham in the freezer until needed.
- Buy more Cooked Ham than you need when it is on sale and freeze some for later!
- Use your frozen Cooked Ham as soon as you can. Don’t let it stay frozen longer than 6 months.
- Remember that Cooked Ham will go bad after you thaw it, use it quickly.
- Don’t try to freeze Cooked Ham that is on the verge of spoiling, it will still spoil quickly when you thaw it.
- To thaw Cooked Ham, place it in the refrigerator a day or two before you plan to use it.
A VERSE TO SHARE
Do you believe in Serendipity? I do. Among other things, my bible verse for the day today is this one. Speak the truth. It always sets you free.
Of course, as I always say, go read the whole passage.
These are the things you are to do: Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts