EASY, FAST and convenient! You’ll be a kitchen rock star in minutes flat with this recipe for how to cook canned new Potatoes!
WHAT IS A CANNED NEW POTATO?
Canned new potatoes are simply small baby potatoes dug from the field and peeled before being canned. You Can eat straight from the can because they have already been cooked through. You’ll notice they taste better if you add a few ingredients for seasoning (see the recipe at the bottom of the page)
ARE CANNED NEW POTATOES HEALTHY?
As usual, canned new potatoes are healthy, depending on what you are looking for in your diet. Potatoes are part of a healthy balanced diet. That said, if you are on a low carb diet or a diabetic diet, then these white potatoes might not be the perfect thing for you.
WHAT ABOUT CANNED NEW POTATOES WITH GREEN BEANS?
Yes, in fact, you CAN use canned new potatoes with green beans. The best option for that recipe can be found here in my post GREEN BEANS AND NEW POTATOES. Simply substitute the fresh new potatoes for the canned ones and you’ll be on the right road. Heat through
CAN YOU MASH CANNED NEW POTATOES?
Yes, YOU CAN! Check out THIS recipe to find out how!
CAN YOU BAKE NEW POTATOES?
Yes, you can bake new potatoes, simply use the recipe below and do NOT add the water. Instead, sprinkle the new potatoes with the spices and rub with oil/butter then place on aluminum foil on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until heated through.
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO PREPARE CANNED NEW POTATOES?
The very best way to prepare canned new potatoes is to follow the recipe found at the bottom of this post. They are delicious, satisfying and affordable!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR CANNED NEW POTATOES
- Make sure to drain the water from the canned potatoes and use fresh tap water in the recipe.
- Some canned foods can be more salty than others, taste before adding salt and pepper and also be careful if you have any issues with salt in your diet.
- Try your potatoes with some other spices, you may find you might like things like cumin, thyme, rosemary or other delicious spices! Potatoes are like a blank canvas!
- Do not give whole canned potatoes to a toddler as the small round potatoes could pose a choking hazard. Cut them or mash them up first.
Want to TRY Something REALLY Delicious?
Slather Some of THESE Gravies over the top of these potatoes!
YOU WON’T BE SORRY!
TRY These OTHER Potato Recipes by Loaves and Dishes!
YA’LL HELP ME OUT
Please leave me a 5 star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 comment below in the comment section, all right? I would LOVE to know if you made this recipe or even if you are planning to! Of course, head on over to Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram and tag me with some photos of your creation!
I can’t wait!
Ya’ll know I love your comments!! ❤
HOW TO COOK CANNED NEW POTATOES
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Parsley Flakes
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 15 oz can of new potatoes
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Tbs Parmesan Cheese
- Chives for garnish optional
- Open the can of new potatoes and drain well.
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat on the stove top, melt the butter.
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, parsley and cayenne. Stir into the butter well.
- Add the potatoes all at once and mix well so that the potatoes become coated with the butter.
- Pour ½ cup water and lemon juice into the pan.
- Allow the liquid to come to a boil stirring frequently
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste and remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with chives when ready to serve.
A VERSE TO SHARE
This past weekend, Mr. Loaves and Dishes and I went to the movies to see “Won’t you be my neighbor”. Something really struck me as I sat in the theater in tears. There are a LOT of people in the world who don’t feel loved.
You, my friend, are the farthest thing from alone. Email me at wendi(at sign)loavesanddishes.net and I’ll email you back as quick as I can.