Ready in just about 30 MINUTES! I cannot WAIT to have this for dinner tonight! Thank God that I needed to rewrite this Taco Pie Post!
This will become a FAST FAMILY FAVORITE in no time at all and you’ll find yourself in Mexican Cantina Mode as you gobble down every bite you can get your fingers on!
Why This Recipe Works…
- So EASY anyone can do it.
- Filling for the whole family
- Just accompany with a salad and you’ve got an entire meal.
- PERFECT weeknight meal!
Here’s How To Do It….
Press a can of refrigerated crescent rolls into the bottom of a deep dish pie plate.
Brown ground beef over medium heat on the stove, stir in the taco seasoning.
Layer corn chips, taco meat, cheese and sour cream into the pie pan.
Bake for 20 minutes. Serve!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
What IS Taco Pie, Anyway?
Taco Pie uses ground beef with taco seasoning to make a super filling pie!
It’s your favorite taco toppings and fillings in a pie, easy to serve and eat!
How Do I Serve Taco Pie?
- Slice the Taco Pie like you would any pie, in about 8 slices.
- Scoop the pie out with a pie server.
- Serve with a salad, chips and salsa. Perfect!
Can I use Doritos Instead of Fritos?
Yes! Absolutely! Either are perfect!
PRO TIP: If you use the flavored chips, you’ll add a lot of flavor bang for your buck!
How Do I Reheat Taco Pie?
Simply place the leftovers in the pie plate into the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
You can also warm a single slice on a microwave safe plate in the microwave. Heat for 1 minute, check and repeat for at 30 sec intervals until heated through.
Can I Freeze Taco Pie?
Yes, Wrap very well in freezer safe material (like a freezer zip lock bag). Keeps for 3 months.
How Can I Make Taco Pie for a Crowd?
- You can double this recipe and make it in a 9×13 dish instead of a pie plate! It’s YUMMY!
- That should serve 8-16 people
Could I Make This in a Skillet?
Yes, of course, simply press the crescent rolls into the skillet rather than a pie plate, proceed!
TIPS and TRICKS for Taco Pie
- Use flavored chips in the base of this taco pie for more flavor!
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, extra chips for more fun!
- You’ll get the whole Mexican cantina feel if you serve chips and salsa ahead of dinner!
- When cooking the ground beef, only cook it till it is just past pink. You don’t want to over cook it.
- Make sure to drain the beef well, extra grease in this pie is very unappetizing!
- Flavorful SHARP cheddar is the best for this recipe.
- For MORE flavor, use two packets of taco seasoning.
What To Serve With Taco Pie
We LOVE Taco Pie with
If You Enjoyed This Taco Pie, You Might Also Enjoy…
Ya’ll Be Sweet and Help Me Out, OK?
It sure is a big help to me when you leave me a 5 STAR COMMENT 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟below in the comment section. I appreciate it so much!
Please also sign up for my weekly newsletter and join me on social media!
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion medium chopped small
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can crescent rolls or biscuits
- 1 cup regular fritos
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salsa olives and spring onions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a frying pan, over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic together.
- While the ground beef is cooking, press the package of crescent rolls into a deep dish 9" pie plate. Bake in the 350 oven for 5 minutes. Then remove and set aside.
- When ground beef is just past pink, add the taco seasoning, 1/4 cup water and stir well. Then put the lid on the pan and heat for another 2-3 minutes. Drain well before proceeding.
- When the ground beef is done, sprinkle the chips in the bottom of the pie plate on top of the 5 minute baked crescent rolls. Pour the ground beef on top of the chips and then top with the sour cream and then the shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and starting to brown. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Use flavored chips instead of plain
- Pick up some SHARP cheddar cheese.
- Use TWO packets of taco seasoning.
- Moderate the heat of this dish by using either plain or HOT taco seasoning.
- Mix half ground beef and half chorizo to replace the beef.
- 1 tsp of garlic powder for the minced garlic
- 1 tsp of onion powder for the onion powder
*** This recipe first appeared on the pages of Loaves and Dishes on April 10, 2015. This post has been updated with new information, Tips and Tricks for making the recipe, Pro Tips, Nutrition information, Step by Step instructions and photos, video, the recipe has been updated and the post has new photos.***
A VERSE TO SHARE
Sharing food is a whole lot of fun. I encourage you to do so. It will lighten everyones heart!
And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.