Easy Homemade Gift Lasagna
Welcome to Loaves and Dishes you wonderful people! I have missed you! It has been a LONG TIME since Wednesday! Thank you so much for visiting me!
Hey Ya’ll! I live in the south! I have deep southern roots, even though I grew up in Ohio (GASP!). Most people equate the south with southern hospitality meaning that, among other things, we take casseroles everywhere – to the sick, to the bereaved and to new neighbors. Honestly though, this is a learned behavior that is just as embedded in my northern friends as it is in my southern neighbors.
I no longer give casseroles. I give lasagna. Easy Homemade Gift Lasagna (similar to our Best Classico Lasagna Recipe) to be more specific! It is easy to fix, easy to freeze and is delicious reheated. It is a dish that most everyone enjoys. I thought that today I would share my recipe for Easy Gift Lasagna with you.
The thing that is different about this recipe for Easy Gift Lasagna is that I never get too far out there with the flavors. At home, I might add Cayenne to the sauce. I might put in more garlic and onions. I might add some spinach to the mix. Lasagna is like that – you can make it your own. However, you are gifting this lasagna and you can’t be too careful with gift lasagna. We want to satisfy as many palates as possible with this dish. So, we stick to the more traditional versions.
For this recipe, I am using a disposable aluminum 7 15/16 x 1 13/16 inch pan that is available at my local grocery store. Comes with a paper/aluminum lid – which makes freezing a breeze. I like this smaller size because it works well for a single person – and if you have a larger family in need – just give them two!
Vegetarian option – This recipe works well if you substitute the Morning Star Farms breakfast sausage for the meat.
Thank you so much for visiting
Don’t forget to subscribe to Loaves and Dishes so that I can send you an email notice when the next recipe posts. I PROMISE to never give (or sell) your email address to anyone else – and I PROMISE not to bug you to death!
Serving suggestions for Easy Homemade Gift Lasagna
I recommend serving Easy Homemade Gift Lasagna with a fresh green salad, crusty bread and some delicious sweet tea.
Now I ask you, Make Dinner, Not War.
He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way. ~Psalm 25:9
Easy Gift Lasagna
- 1 batch of “Best Ever Spaghetti Sauce”https://www.loavesanddishes.net/best-ever-spaghetti-sauce/
- 9 Lasagna noodles – cooked according to package instructions
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small container Ricotta Cheese
- 4 Cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare Sauce according to instructions and set aside.
- Prepare Lasagna noodles according to package instructions –be sure to salt the water. After drained, toss with olive oil to help prevent sticking
- Cut Lasagna noodles to the required length to fit in the pan. Save the smaller pieces as you may need to piece them together while making the lasagna.
- Set your containers out in a row in front of you. Coat the bottom of each pan with one large spoonful of sauce. Then begin to layer noodles, Spoonfulls of ricotta cheese that are sufficient to coat the noodles, several spoonfuls of sauce to make a layer over the ricotta, shredded mozzarella to cover the sauce then repeat starting with the noodles again. Should make 2-3 layers depending on depth of pan. End with layer of Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle the parmesan over the top.
- Cover with the included top and label with a sharpie marker – name of dish, instructions for preparation and date of preparation. Use by date.