Sweet, savory, full of flavor and easy to make. Those are the staples of an excellent every day dish, plus, did I say that Sweet Potato Hash brown are ridiculously good and easy too?
You are immediately going to wonder why you didn’t start making these sooner after the first bite. I mean, if you have only been enjoying sweet potatoes with their usual cronies (cinnamon and butter) then you have seriously missed out on something perfectly delicious.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- It’s easy
- You can use frozen peppers and onions to make the job quick and easy.
- The flavors meld perfectly.
- You can change up the recipe with MANY different ingredients!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
CAN YOU MAKE SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS?
Why yes, of course, you can and I’ll show you how! Obviously, this is exactly what we have to cook next!
WHAT CAN I ADD TO THIS RECIPE TO GIVE IT EVEN MORE FLAVOR?
How about sweet potato hash with..
- green onions
Simply cook up the ingredient and add it in in whatever quantity you think works for you! Super easy!
CAN I FREEZE SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS?
Yes, you absolutely can.
HOW DO I REHEAT SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS?
Reheat by using the….
HOW DO I REHEAT SWEET POTATO HASH IN THE MICROWAVE?
Heat on high in a microwave safe dish for 1 minute, stir, reheat for 30 secs, stir. Repeat in 30 sec intervals until heated through.
HOW DO I REHEAT SWEET POTATO HASH BREAKFAST IN THE OVEN?
Place in an oven safe dish, reheat at 350 for 20 minutes.
HOW CAN I REHEAT SWEET POTATO BREAKFAST HASH ON THE STOVE TOP?
Place in a skillet with about 2 tbs of oil, heat over medium heat until heated through.
HOW LONG ARE SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS GOOD FOR?
These sweet potato hash browns will stay fresh in the refrigerator, covered for about 5 days.
Make sure to refrigerate within 2 hours of cooking.
WHAT GOES GOOD WITH SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS?
Any kind of breakfast meat goes great with these hash browns.
Biggest Baddest Best Hamburger
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS
- You’ll want to be “up” on your method for roasting sweet potatoes, it isn’t hard, simply make sure to spread them out far enough so that they roast rather than steam. Check out the video in the recipe card for up close shots on that.
- Cut everything in similar sizes so that it cooks evenly
- Sprinkle the seasoning evenly throughout.
- A little extra char on the sweet potatoes tastes just awesome with the veggies in this dish.
- Go easy on the oil, it seems like to little, but really its just right.
LETS SEE HOW THIS GOES..
First, cube the sweet potatoes
Spread the sweet potatoes out on a half sheet baking pan and roast for 20 minutes at 400 degrees
While roasting the potatoes, fry some peppers and seasonings. Then add the roasted potatoes to the frying pan
Mix well, heat through and coat with lemon juice and serve.
YA’LL HELP ME OUT, OK?
Be sweet and leave me a 5 STAR COMMENT 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 below, please. It helps others to find the recipes here at Loaves and Dishes.
Simply type in your comment and select the 5 STAR🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
I LOVE to read your comments and I always answer back as soon as I can (often within minutes from my cell phone). Don’t forget to join me on social media and sign up for my newsletter so I can send you the HOT COOKING TIP of the WEEK!
RECIPE FOR SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS
Easy Sweet Potato Hashbrowns
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed in 1 inch cubes
- 4 Tbs Oil divided
- ½ red onion chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper chopped
- ¼ Cup green onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sugar
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400. Cover half sheet rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread the cubed sweet potatoes out over the baking sheet. Add 2 Tbs oil, salt and pepper and mix well coating the sweet potato cubes in the oil.
- Spread the sweet potato cubes out so that they aren't touching to allow them to cook well.
- Bake the sweet potato cubes for 20 minutes at 400 degrees until soft throughout and slightly caramelized.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbs olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the red onions, bell peppers, green onions and garlic and sauté until tender and lightly golden – about 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When Sweet potatoes are roasted, add to the skillet and mix well. Add the paprika and sugar. Mix well. Heat through. Squeeze half a lemon over the dish and serve.
- This dish has lots of variations you can use.
- It is fine to substitute 1 tbs onion powder for the onion.
- Use a variety of bell peppers or other peppers to suit tastes. Its beautiful with more colored peppers.
- Use any cooking oil you prefer. Peanut oil gives a nice flavor. Likewise, bacon grease gives a good flavor too.
- This dish will suffer if you don't use enough salt and pepper.
- The sugar is optional but we think it improves the overall taste of the dish.
***This POST WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED ON DECEMBER 18, 2014 AND HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH PHOTOS, VIDEO, NEW INFORMATION AND MORE! ****
A VERSE TO SHARE
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. ~ Isaiah 9:6
Friday 2nd of February 2018
The power of the sweet potato!
Thursday 18th of December 2014
Those hash browns look so yummy, but I especially loved the story you shared of the power of music and touch - so very sweet! Have a merry Christmas!
Simple Hacks Living
Thursday 18th of December 2014
Never thought of sweet potato hash brown. Looks like a great recipe to try! Thanks for sharing on Tasty Tuesdays!