Never EVER wonder what to fix with pinto beans AGAIN! I’ve got the easiest, tastiest, most SOUTHERN, friendly cooking recipes RIGHT HERE for you!
Delicious Pinto Beans with their thick gravy-like pot liquor and smoky down home TASTE! The best recipe on the internets for those is RIGHT HERE with “The Secret to Perfect Old Fashioned Pinto Beans!”
But, only the most devout pinto bean loves want a single bowl of pintos for a meal! WE NEED all the DELICIOUS SIDE DISHES that make pintos stand out like the star of the show!
Why These Dishes Work With Pinto Beans
- Perfect Southern Flair
Here’s How It’s Done!
- STEP 1. Pick out a meat to go with your pinto beans OR let the pintos be the main protein!
- STEP 2. Select at least 3 side dishes to serve with your pinto beans.
- STEP 3. Choose a Corn bread! Southern or Mexican (Either is PERFECT!)
- STEP 4. Select a Delicious Beverage to serve!
- STEP 5. Pick out a sweet!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) about What To Fix With Pinto Beans…
Do I Serve My Pintos In a Bowl or On a Plate?
We like a big ‘ol bowl of pintos with some cornbread to crumble over the top as a perfect southern meal, but honestly, you can do either.
If I Include Pork In My Pintos Is It OK to Serve a Different Meat With My Meal?
Yes! Of course! The pork in the pintos is just for flavoring and who could say NO to more flavor? No one! Choose the meat you like best!
Is It BEST to Serve Tea ONLY or Should I Also Serve Coffee?
Many folks like to finish their meal with a little dab of coffee to go with their dessert. That is up to you though. I don’t know anyone who isn’t satisfied with another glass of good ol’ southern sweet tea!
How Do I Season My Pinto Beans?
We’ve got that covered too! Here’s a post about that very topic: How to Season Pinto Beans
Are There Other Beans That Go Good With These Sides?
Yes! There sure are! How about…
TIPS and TRICKS for Knowing Exactly What To Fix With Pinto Beans!
- When thinking about your dinner, choose some easy to prepare items (like maybe use canned collards instead of using fresh, it takes a lot of the work out of the dinner).
- You can plan on 1 Gallon of drink for every 8 people.
- Side dishes are usually calculated in 1/2 cup servings. So, calculate how much you need by taking the number of eaters X 1/2 cup to equal how much you need to make!
- For VERY popular dishes (like death by Mac and Cheese), plan on a little more than 1/2 cup servings.
Ya’ll Help Me Out, OK?
Please leave a 5 STAR comment in the comment section below. That helps others to find the recipes at Loaves and Dishes!
A VERSE TO SHARE
Are you quickly provoked? Do you find that sometimes the smallest things bother you and send you over the edge? That happens to me sometimes too.
I don’t think that is the kind of person we are called to be though, do you?
Maybe this will speak to you too. It does to me.
Ecclesiastes 7: 8-9
The end of a matter is better than its beginning,
and patience is better than pride.
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit,
for anger resides in the lap of fools.